Gold Coast

Gold Coast Roadworthy Certificates for Cars, Motorcycles, Trailers, Caravans and Other Light Road Vehicles

If you are thinking of selling your car, motorbike, trailer, caravan or other light vehicle in the Gold Coast, you’ve probably been told you need to get a Roadworthy Certificate (RWC) or Safety Certificate. Likewise, if you are moving to the Gold Coast and your vehicle has never been registered in QLD before, you will need a RWC to complete your registration process.

Thankfully, the team at Lewis Auto have you covered!

We have set up a vehicle inspection centre in Miami, Gold Coast which specialises in roadworthy and Safety Certificate inspections for all types of road vehicles. If you’re unable to bring your vehicle to our centre, we can also arrange a mobile roadworthy inspection at your premises, no matter if you’re at work or at home. If you own a heavy vehicle, truck or trailer, we are also able to inspect it at your premises. Give us a call on 0402 667 267 to make a booking today!

Car Roadworthy Certificates – Gold Coast

Roadworthy Certificates – Gold Coast

To sell any cars up to 4.5 tonnes in QLD you will need a Roadworthy Certificate (RWC) or Safety Certificate.

We can issue a car Roadworthy Certificate for the following types of cars in all makes and models:

  • Small passenger car
  • Luxury car
  • Classic car
  • Muscle car
  • 4 wheel drive
  • Ute
  • Camper van
  • Van
  • Mini bus
  • Hire car *
  • Limousine *
  • Taxi *


* Contact us to see if you also need a Certificate of Inspection for these vehicles.

Motorcycle Roadworthy Certificates – Gold Coast

As with cars, to sell or register your motorcycle, or other type of motorised bike, you will need a Roadworthy Certificate (RWC) or Safety Certificate.

We can issue a motorbike Roadworthy Certificate for the following types of vehicles in all makes and models:

  • Scooters
  • Motorbikes
  • Mopeds
  • Off-road bikes
  • Trikes
  • Dirt Bikes
  • Quad bikes
  • ATV

Caravan & Trailer Roadworthy Certificates – Gold Coast

If you need a caravan or trailer Roadworthy Certificate, we have you covered!

We can inspect the following types of caravans and light trailers in our Gold Coast workshop though we can also travel to you if that’s easier:

  • Caravans
  • Car trailers
  • Camper trailers
  • Box trailers
  • Flat tray trailers
  • Boat trailers
  • Horse floats
  • Dog trailers
  • Pig trailers
  • Other special purpose trailers with no additional load

These lists are not comprehensive, if you have a light vehicle not listed here, feel free to ask us how we can help you register or sell it in Queensland. Certain special vehicles may need additional inspections completed.

Need a car, motorbike, caravan or trailer Roadworthy Certificate inspection pronto?

We pride ourselves on our fast service. If you need a roadworthy inspection completed as soon as possible, contact our team to book you in. If we can fit you in on the same day we will. If you call on a busy day we will endeavour to book you in within 24-48 hours so you can get to selling or registering your vehicle as soon as possible!

Contact us today on 0402 667 267 to book in for a roadworthy inspection or to find out if your vehicle needs any additional inspections before you can sell or register it.

Get a Quick Quote

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Our Services

Book a vehicle inspection today!

Skip to content